Rules of Modern Web development
1. You should be able to understand what your application does just by reading the code.
- Don't call other callback functions from within a callback (Spaghetti)
- De-couple formatting and display from content using CSS3
- Server-side per component content generation doesn't scale, and is limited by the server boundary
- Write functional code
- Use local storage
- Use caching
- Optimistic Locking
- While versioning data just store the actions as delta, not the snapshots. Gain? Real-time Analytics!
- Event-loop on the client side and a fast, async server-side REST API
- Use a persistence model that matches the app data model
- E-R is not it
- Wrappers that do this transparently
- Should gather enough context though
You can catch more of related stuff at their blog.
If you have feedback on this post, or any opinion on these topics, please let me know.